Sunday, August 16, 2009

Blecchh!


So I came across this the other day via Cartoon Brew. It's the poster design for this year's upcoming Ottawa International Animation Festival. So, how is one supposed to react to this? Do you make like several of the Brew readers and exclaim how much you love the emperor's new clothes? Apparently, Chris Robinson (aka "The Animation Pimp"), director of the Ottawa Festival really loves the image, as I believe he commissioned it. I suspect Cartoon Brewmeister Amid Amidi also gives it his blessing. But that's to be expected, as Amid also loves Octocat Adventures.

As for me, well, let's just say that it's not to my more discerning tastes, art wise. Rather than be on a poster for an international event, I'd suggest the proper place for this image would be taped to a fridge door by some loving mom. Frankly, I'm not sure of how it relates to animation at all. Furthermore, I'm not even sure what the painting is trying to portray, as it's too much in the style of faux five year old kiddie crudeness to be obvious. My best guess is that it's supposed to be a cat vomiting. Yes, a vomiting cat, I'm almost sure of it. That's my final answer, Regis...

(Heck, maybe they should have tried for Bill instead!)

No comments:

Post a Comment